15 May 2011

What a week!

 

Now technically, I live in the South. Normally I have no problems with this. I actually grew up here and have spent the majority of my life here.

Where I do have a problem though is when the weather gets stupid.

Growing up, we always had afternoon thunderstorms. My cousins and I used to play in the rain and it was great fun!

These days, those thunderstorms seem to be a lot worse.

Take Tuesday night for example. We had a line of storm come through, like always in the spring and summer. But this time it was something otherwordly. There are 4 ways into our neighbourhood. Of those 4, three were completely blocked by fallen trees. Not small trees mind you, these were anywhere from 4 to 5 feet around, completely covering the road.

Then, when I get home, my dogs are freaked out (which in all honesty, was to be expected). I let them outside and discover that about half of the oak tree in our back yard is now laying in the yard, less than 10 feet away from our house.

The next day, I discover that the electrical system on the koi pond was hit by lightning.

As of today, the koi pond is back up and running and all the fish survived and have been fed, so they’re happy  I’m sure.

And now that everything is almost back to normal, the tree is still laying in the yard, I can get back to work!

Here are the pics of the damage:

SAM_0784

SAM_0785

SAM_0786

SAM_0787

SAM_0788

No comments: