25 February 2011

Big things are happening here in the land of Uglee Little Things!






There's been so much going on here the last few days! I've tried my hand at making dog sweaters, with my pooch Eddie as the model for the prototype. As you can see, he is absolutely thrilled with his sweater. Actually, he just flopped over and stared at me sideways, then found a way to pull it off by dragging his back along the underside of the coffee table. Back to the drawing board, need to make it fit better!

And in other news, I was talking with Danny about where I'm going in life and what my passion is and how the fibromyalgia affects my other job and he looked at me and said, very simply "You make some of the nicest things I've ever seen, the colours can be strange, but you are so good at all this design and crochet stuff. You should follow your passion."

So, after some serious thought about whether or not I have the fortitude and desire to make this work (I decided I do, by the way), last night I bought the ugleelittlethings.com domain. He's been helping me work on it this morning, since I am not the most computer literate person on the planet. I will be honest, I am nervous, worried about failing, wondering if people will come to the shop . . . all sorts of things. I've not really sold anything out of the ArtFire shop, but people have looked through and contacted me about making custom pieces based on what they have seen, so it's not as though nothing has moved out of the house.

I just have so many concerns and worried and all the rest that goes along with starting a business! But, with some help from my friends, I will give it a serious try and just promote myself and my work to death!
xoxox
Myscza

No comments: