28 February 2011

The biggest step has been taken, now what?

Well, over the weekend, I bought my domain name! And then found a hosting site and began building my own online shop. WHEW!

Never thought I would take that step, but I did and now I have a whole new world of things to think about and plan for and to be honest, it is daunting, but with all the help and assistance and praise I've been getting from my family and friends, I know I can do this! 

Of course I am still worried that this may not be as successful as I hope, I know the statistics about new businesses. But you never know until you try, so here I am, trying. What's the worst that could happen? Yeah, nevermind, don't answer that! LOL

But the best thing for me right now is seeing my hit stats go up every day! I keep telling myself that the more traffic I drive to the site, the better people will get to know my talent and then the business will take off, so that's what I am doing these days. It's a modest start, but as of last night, I'd had almost 300 hits, which isn't bad, considering I only launched it Friday afternoon!  

So, I am keeping my chin up and reading about marketing (my friend Tom swears by "Guerrilla Marketing") and figuring out new ways to get the ball rolling!

Last, but not least, to all those who've asked for specially customised things, you guys rock! Keep telling all your friends about me, please!

Meanwhile, here's the link to the shop, feel free to leave comments, any feedback will be greatly appreciated! 


xoxox
Michele

No comments: