02 November 2012

Getting caught up

As you can tell, I've been busy uploading pictures of all kinds of things around here. I always seem to be taking pictures nowadays, now that I have a social life! LOL

We're settled into our new home, have been for a while. And we are getting back into our routine. Danny is on tour in Australia, I am home taking care of the dogs and designing and making and perfecting recipes for when the family visits.

And the biggest thing coming up is Christmas. Growing up, Christmas wasn't HUGE, meaning I don't ever remember there being any extended family around. This year, however, is shaping up to be the biggest Christmas of my life!

First off, my oldest is bringing her boyfriend to meet us - we'll see how that goes LOL. Then, this is the first Christmas I will have with Daddy and Mama Carol and all the aunts, uncles and cousins. I've discovered I have a ginormous family I didn't know. I think I need a flow chart to keep track of all of them! Then, Danny's sister and brother-in-law, Tara and Phil, will be coming! As will my bonus kids, Skyler and Lily.

And on top of all that, we have friends all over and are planning on them coming over at some point during the holidays!

WHEW! I need to clone myself, I think!

Danny and I also had our first wedding anniversary on October 29th, but we didn't really get to celebrate, since he is in Australia. We chatted on FaceTime, but that's it. We will have our celebration when he comes home this month. I am normally pretty good at dealing with missed holidays and birthdays and such, after all, this is his job, and he's been doing it for almost 30 years now. (Besides, I wouldn't know how to act or what to do if he was actually home for Thanksgiving LOL!), but I was a little bummed that he was gone on our anniversary.

And as for work, yes, I am still designing and making! And I am still loving it! I am moving a bit slow this week, since I am in the middle of a horrible FMS flare-up and that is driving me mad. I can't figure out a way to get the pain to relent even a little. In fact, despite being thrilled to be home, I am exhibiting new symptoms, and when they come up, they seem to be much worse. It's awful, I hate it every day, and I know I am learning to live with this stupid crap, but I don't want to have to live with it. I don't want anyone to have to learn to live with it. Yes, I can still get things done, but it seems to take forever. I am getting frustrated with this . . .

Now, I am going to stop complaining, there are people in the world who are worse off than I am. I am going to whip up something to eat and settle in for a night of crochet and "Ancient Aliens."

My awesome hunny, Danny

I'll post again soon, promise!

Michele

No comments: