07 November 2011

Now that the madness has ended . . .

Now that all the insanity surrounding the wedding has ended and I’ve had a chance to breathe, I’m back to work on Uglee Little Things! WOO HOO!

 

First up, I finally finished Trinity’s hoodie! *happy dance* It only took me a month because I was having such a hard time keeping everything straight with the wedding, but this is why I am SO grateful: Trinity’s mother Sarah was so very understanding, and was happy to receive updates on how it was coming along. She also understood that I was having to heavily modify my usual pattern and that that sometimes takes a little time. Sarah is a truly amazing woman and I can hardly wait to deliver this gem to Trinity!

SAM_1054

And now, I have some time between orders, so I decided to make something for myself! I’ve not had much time to do this for a while, since I’m always designing and making things that immediately go to new homes to be loved. And what did I choose to make for myself? Origami Socks!

I don’t know what it is about handmade socks that makes me so happy. There’s just something about them. And I love sock yarn, but my fingers and hands generally don’t, by the time I’m done, they’re all cramped up and begging for relief, but I love the finished project!

I’ve not done the seaming yet, and I still have the second one to make, but here is what it looks like before doing the actual origami part:

SAM_1053

 

I know you’re looking at that picture wondering just how something that looks like that will become a sock, but believe me, it will! I’ll post another picture as soon as I have them both finished and you’ll go “Oh yeah! That makes sense now!”

So, let me get back to work on them!

No comments: