21 February 2012

Fat Tuesday feels like a Monday to me

 

It’s been a long weekend here in the foothills. And now it’s Tuesday, but it sure does feel like a Monday to me! OMG!

Over the long weekend, I found a pattern for a shrug, and it was a nice pattern, but not quite me so, of course I altered it. Imagine that LOL

I think I spend a lot of time altering patterns I find, or just kind of “winging it” with an idea I have knocking around in my head, and that can be fun, but it can also be very frustrating at times. Especially when the project on my hooks isn’t measuring up to the idea I had in my head. I don’t spend a lot of time frogging the whole thing, since I’m pretty good at spotting where the change needs to be, but still I’m never happy when I have to frog something!

Meanwhile, I’m hoping the sun stays out longer than just a few minutes today, all the cold, damp and grey is driving me insane and making me feel a little short-tempered, although I think I’ve controlled it pretty well this time around!

The only other news I have is that we are taking a trip back to my hometown! Next week! I’m so excited! I get to meet my father for the first time, get to see my very best friend in the whole world, Sam (who made me the coolest recycled plastic bag purse) and other friends I’ve not seen since I moved here to the foothills! It’s gonna be a good trip, let me tell you!

No comments: