04 February 2012

OMG how late can this start of the year post really be?

 

Yes, I have been incredibly distracted lately. There’s just so  much going on around here in the foothills. So, even though I had intended to post this over a month ago, I obviously didn’t. Forgive me?

I’ve been having to sit and think quite a lot about ULT and what my goals and dreams and visions for this little business of mine are. It’s been really difficult, since I’ve not been able to fully concentrate on it as much as I would like. Life happens, and when it happens around here, it’s like living through an Antarctic winter, with all the wind and swirling snow. But, then I think about the Emperor penguins who winter-over at the bottom of the world, protecting their eggs, and I wonder “Why can’t I be like them?” And it hits me. I have bills I have to try to pay, and the only thing those penguins have to do is protect their eggs to make sure their babies survive. It’s hard to make sure your baby survives when you have to figure out where the money for the water bill is going to come from.

 

But then I go and do something good, something that I want to do and it makes me feel good, until I get hit with the harsh reality that no one else seems to be supporting the endeavour. The good thing I’m doing is the sale to support Sidewalk Angels. And I’m still determined to make it work, I’m getting hits on the website, but none are converting to sales and I’m not sure why. We’ve redesigned the shop pages, publicised the fund-raising, done everything we can thing of to get something going, with virtually zero results. I have 3 very loyal clients who I love to pieces, but ULT can’t survive with only 3 clients, no matter how awesome they truly are (looking at you Laura, Tracey and Tracey W. <3 you guys!)

So that leaves me wondering what else I can do to make this work. And I’m lost. And frustrated.

Today is a cold, rainy day here in the foothills, so I am going to finish my selfish crochet, so I feel like I’ve accomplished something. This is a pic of the pattern, I wrote it myself! I have one of the warmers finished, the second one is almost there. I should also pick up some buttons at some point. 

SAM_1174

No comments: