06 April 2012

April 6th, #photoaday

Today’s assignment wasn’t nearly as interesting, or as fun, as yesterday’s. But then again, I don’t normally eat lunch. I’ve gotten into the habit of eating breakfast every day now, and those are usually pretty simple, but filling.

So, I had to think about eating lunch, even though nothing appealed to me at all.

In the end, this is what I had:

Lunch of Noodles

 

And then, I decided I needed something with a little more flavour – sweet and tart – so I did this:

Fried apples

 

 

Yes, my famous fried apples! My DH loves them, even though at first he gave me that “Whatchu talkin’ ‘bout” look when I told him I was gonna fry apples. But then again, he did the same thing when I said I was going to make Monkey Bread to take to Tara’s house for Thanksgiving.

Then, I made them and both he and the kids fell in love with them – especially Sky. He says it’s just not a weekend with me if I don’t fry apples or make Monkey Bread LOL!

I suppose that if I actually measured stuff when I cook I could give you a proper recipe for the fried apples (you can google Monkey Bread and find like a gajillion recipes for that), but I don’t measure, I just throw some sugar and some cinnamon in a Tupperware container big enough to hold however many roughly chopped green apples you want, throw the apples in and shake until all the pieces are coated in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Melt some butter (I like real butter, not margarine or butter-flavoured spread) in a skillet, dump in the apples & the cinnamon-sugar and fry until tender. The sugar and cinnamon will melt into this ooey-gooey caramel sauce that is fabulous, so don’t freak out about the sticky brown stuff! Just pour it over the apples and you’re done!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming!

No comments: