02 April 2012

#Photoadayapril

 

April 2, 2012

Today is all about colour! I love love love colour! ALL THE COLOURS!

So, while I was out buying frog eyes (I’ve had another order come in, this time for Uglee Little Tree Frogs dressed in NY Jets colours. HHHHHMMMMM maybe I should call them Football Frogs, but I digress!) I was looking for colours.

My first obvious thought was YARN! And God knows Hobby Lobby has a LOT of yarn (I’m not a yarn snob y’all) but the colours just weren’t popping for me today.

Then I started paying attention to all these gorgeous azaleas in bloom all over town and decided I needed to take a picture of those. But I didn’t want to weird some poor homeowner out by knocking on their front door saying “Hey, I’m part of a photography project this month and today’s assignment is colour, can I photograph your bushes?” Because I know if someone knocked on our door like that, I’d be all “Huh?”

So, I took pictures of our own azaleas. Which, in reality, are a little scrawny, since they’re under a some kind of tree (I’m thinking cyprus, but I could be wrong, it’s been known to happen)

And here are our scrawny azaleas. Amazing how approaching something like this from a different angle can make them look ginormous and luscious!

Red Azalea

 

 

Pink Azalea on dark green background

 

 

Red Azalea on green background

 

 

And that is the second most exciting thing that has happened to me today. The most exciting was checking the mail box and finding it infested with GNOMES! ROADIE GNOMES!

No comments: